Frequenly asked questions & Policies
Sustainability and specimens
All Butterflies, Moths and Insects are sourced from reputable companies in the UK and EU.
By creating a market for butterflies, farms and aviaries it helps sustain natural habitats that may otherwise be destroyed, contributing to the prevention of deforestation, habitat destruction & breeding programmes.
All animals used in work, from small mammal bones, to skulls and a variety of other animal parts have all been ethically sourced, no animals were killed for the purpose of the work, dying of natural causes, often roadkill.
(Some rodents used are brought from pet shops as frozen food for reptiles due to owning 2 large Boa Constrictors)
Processing times, dispatch an estimated delivery times.
All items will be dispatched on a weekly basis, I will aim to get your package out 3-5 days after purchase date.
All items sent in the UK will be sent 1st class signed for, or next day delivery for larger orders or unless specified otherwise.
Items sent out to the US/EU can take 7-14 working days to arrive from the date of dispatch. All items will be sent tracked, which will be provided and sent to you in an email.
If you are interested in a piece or commission please get in touch.
All details regarding product sizes can be found in the product description.
Returns, exchanges & cancellations
I do not accept returns, however if you have an issue with your order I will do my upmost to rectify it.
I will however gladly accept exchanges (to the same value) and cancellations on conditions specified below,
For cancellations please contact me and cancel your order BEFORE it is dispatched.
Please refer to shipping information for dispatch days.
For exchanges please contact me within 1 working day of receiving your order.
The following items CANNOT be returned or exchanged; sale items or custom orders.
Conditions of return
If you are returning a piece of work, the piece must be returned in its original condition.
Postage should be covered by the buyer for the return postage costs.
If the item returns damaged, broken or tampered with in anyway the buyer is responsible for any loss in value.
Customs & Import tax
Buyers are responsible and encouraged to be aware of their import laws, as well as customs or import taxes that may apply. If an item is delayed by customs I will not be held accountable.
The Information I Collect:
To fulfil your order, you must provide me with certain information such as:
- Your name,
- Email address,
- Postal address,
- Payment information,
- Details of the product that you’re ordering, (which you authorised Wix &Paypal to provide to me).
You may also choose to provide me with additional personal information for Custom orders or gift-wrapping through contacting me directly in relation to your order.
Information required and How I Use It:
I rely on a number of legal bases to collect, use, and share your information, including:
• As needed to provide my services, such as when I use your information to fulfil your order using a third party to post such as Royal Mail, and other third party services.
• To settle disputes, or to provide customer support;
• When you have provided your affirmative consent, such as by signing up for my mailing list to receive offers and discounts. You can revoke this at any given time.
• If necessary to comply with a legal obligation or court order or in connection with a legal claim, such as retaining information about your purchases if required by tax law;
Information Sharing and Disclosure
Information about my customers is important to my business. I share your personal information for very limited reasons and in limited circumstances, as follows:
• Service providers. I engage certain trusted third parties to perform functions and provide services to my shop, such as delivery companies. I will share your personal information with these third parties, but only to the extent necessary to perform these services.
• Compliance with laws. I may collect, use, retain, and share your information if I have a good faith belief that it is reasonably necessary to: (a) respond to legal process or to government requests; (b) enforce my agreements, terms and policies; (c) prevent, investigate, and address fraud and other illegal activity, security, or technical issues; or (d) protect the rights, property, and safety of my customers, or others.
Third Party platforms I share data with are as follows; Wix, Mailchimp, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, PayPal and Pinterest.
Data Retention and Storage
Order books are kept in a secure place.
Order books contain minimal information such as your name, address, email address, what you have ordered and the date of the order. Once the order has been fulfilled the information will only be retained online.
However, I may also be required to retain this information to comply with my legal and regulatory obligations, to resolve disputes, and to enforce my agreements. I generally keep your data for the following time period: 4 years.
If you reside in certain territories, including the EU, you have a number of rights in relation to your personal information. While some of these rights apply generally, certain rights apply only in certain limited cases. I describe these rights below:
• Access. You may have the right to access and receive a copy of the personal information I hold about you by contacting me using the contact information below.
• Change, restrict, delete. You may also have rights to change, restrict my use of, or delete your personal information. Absent exceptional circumstances (like where I am required to store data for legal reasons) I will generally delete your personal information upon request.
• Object. You can object to (i) my processing of some of your information based on my legitimate interests and (ii) receiving marketing messages from me after providing your express consent to receive them. In such cases, I will delete your personal information unless I have compelling and legitimate grounds to continue using that information or if it is needed for legal reasons.
• Complain. If you reside in the EU and wish to raise a concern about my use of your information (and without prejudice to any other rights you may have), you have the right to do so with your local data protection authority.
How to Contact Me
For purposes of EU data protection law, I, Jenna Lingwood, owner of Jenna’s Curio Cabinet, am the data controller of your personal information. If you have any questions or concerns, you may contact me at Jennascuriocabinet@gmail.com. Alternately, you may mail me at: Jenna’s Curio Cabinet, 38 Pursehouse Way, Diss, Norfolk, IP224ET. Data held by a third party are subject to their own GDPR policy, such as Wix, Facebook and PayPal. If you require the removal of your information from those platforms you will need to contact them directly.